Head Start Collaboration Project
- Head Start/State Education Department Memorandum of Understanding
- Temporary Task Force on Preschool Special Education
The Collaboration Project has worked with staff of the Region II Technical Assistance Network and State Education Department to revise the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on the Preschool Special Education Program. The MOU is currently available click here.
Head Start Collaboration Project staff work closely with the Region II Head Start Technical Assistance Network to provide whatever assistance programs need to use the statewide MOU as a tool to meet their requirements to develop MOUs with local school districts.
The Head Start Collaboration Director served as a member of the Temporary Task Force on Preschool Special Education. The Task Force was established in legislation to review the current preschool special education system and provide recommendations for improving transitions, integrating children with special needs into mainstream environments. A report was prepared and efforts have now begun to implement the report’s recommendations. Many of the recommendations should make it easier for Head Start programs to effectively serve children with disabilities.
Head Start Collaboration Project Resources
- 2016 NYS Early Learning Alignment Crosswalk
- Disparate Access: Head Start & CCDBG Data by Race & Ethnicity (2016)
- Early Learning Guidelines (NYS)
- Early Learning Guidelines (NYS) Companion
- La Guia de Aprendizaje Infantil de ENY
- Developmental Screening Poster
- NYS Prekindergarten Foundation for the Common Core
- Head Start Needs Assessment - NYS Head Start Collaboration Office (2013)
- MOU NYS Education Department & US Dept. of HHS